A ROUND TABLE CONVERSATION EXPLORING THE CHALLENGES FOR BOTH CLINICIAN AND CLIENT
Barbara Meyers, LICSW
Two (2) Category A Clinical CEUs are pending approval from NASW NH.
Retirement is a life stage event complete with gains and losses. When a clinician retires, clients are impacted and there are multiple opportunities to explore the gains and losses for them as well. Thus hour and one-half workshop is designed to help private practice clinicians anticipating retirement to explore the impact of retirement both for them selves and their clients. Throughout the emphasis will be on self-care and the ethical dimensions to saying “goodbye.” There will be time for both discussion and didactic information regarding the process.
Topics will include:
a. Self-care as one negotiates closing a practice;
b. Preparation for post-retirement life;
c. The ethical dimensions of terminating with clients; and
d. Tools and techniques for good endings in preparation for new beginnings.
At the close of this workshop, participants will be able to:
a. List ways for self-care in preparation for the loss of one’s professional life;
b. Understand the risks to identity post-retirement and further self-care;
c. State the ethical dimensions of terminating with clients;
d. List tools and techniques for good endings;
Barbara Meyers, LICSW.
Clinician, teacher, writer, and journal keeper, Barbara has maintained a private psychotherapy practice in Keene, NH since 1991. She works with adults, teens, children, and families. In her clinical practice, she often suggests creative writing exercises both in sessions and for homework to promote personal growth and communication.
For Barbara, writing has been a steady companion in her journey beginning with early attempts at telling stories, to editor of her high school newspaper, to work on a small town newspaper. Author of Common Ground, Uncommon Gifts: Growing Peace and Harmony Through Stories, Reflections and Practices in the Natural World published in 2012, her second book, Fables for Wisdom Seekers Young and Old is due out in 2017.
Barbara is a proud member of NASW.
- You will need to have a camera, speakers, and a microphone on your desk or laptop. In order to receive CEUs, we must be able to see you.
- Please plan on arriving to the meeting 10 minutes prior to the start
- Evaluations will be emailed to participants after the workshop. Certificates will be emailed to you upon receipt of the completed evaluation.
- If you have never used Zoom, you will need to download it onto your computer.
- Give me a call or email firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.496.0994 if you experience any technical issues
- We cannot issue refunds, but you can transfer your registration to another person.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions
- Class size is limited to 25